Relative Clause
We use relative clauses to give additional information about something
without starting another sentence. By combining sentences with a
relative clause, your text becomes more fluent and you can avoid
repeating certain words. The relative pronoum are the next:
Examples:
* I told you about the woman who lives next door.
* Do you see the cat which is lying on the roof?
* He couldn’t read which surprised me.
* Do you know the boy whose mother is a nurse?
*I was invited by the professor whom I met at the conference.
* I don’t like the table that stands in the kitchen.
Defining relative clauses (also called identifying relative clauses or restrictive relative clauses) give detailed information defining a general term or expression.
Hi Israel I wanna to say thank you because this information is so interesting and important, and also now I learned the good use of the relative clause.
ResponderEliminarvery good information Israel, Thanks for sharing your knowledge. and remember we can't use THAT in our class activities or quiz
ResponderEliminarisrrael very good contribution to our daily lives. Now I can best describe people , things and even lugraes thank you very much !
ResponderEliminarExcellent work, it became clear with the examples did you do with the relative clause. thank you :)
ResponderEliminarThese clauses will serve us well to identify who is talking about in a sentence , we also help to provide additional information.
ResponderEliminar